Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thing #23 - The End/The Beginning

SAPL's 23 Things program was a lot of fun for me. I was able to explore a lot of websites and online tools that have been on my list of things to try for a while now. I like that we were allowed to do this on work time, as I do think a lot of these tools can be put to use in our workplaces. I'm disappointed in (what seems to me) the small number of people who followed the program all the way through. While I'm sure there were more folks reading the staff blogs, it's not quite the same as doing it yourself, so I do hope more staff members will take advantage of the program.

My favorite things were the ones where we played with Flickr and explored YouTube. I'm embarrassed to admit that I never really looked too deeply into YouTube, I always thought it was a bunch of home videos and music videos that didn't interest me much. It's a lot more instructional and inspiring than what I thought.

Would I participate in another program like this? Definitely. As for making it more accessible, maybe we could highlight a different staff blog on the Intranet each week, have admin participate, designate a person or two at each branch as consultant, maybe a bit more explanation at the beginning, so staff can have an idea of what to expect.

2 comments:

loladimz said...

Thanks for the great feedback and thanks for finishing. Though "finish" may not be the right term -- there's plenty of Things we didn't cover (we've created/planned for Things 24 through 60). From your feedback, I'm gonna nominate you to the 60 Things team :)

T said...

As much fun as that sounds, I wouldn't want to do anything that disqualifies me for any cool prizes! Not that the learning isn't reward enough...