Monday, December 22, 2008

Thing #19 - 2.0 Toolbox

There were several sites on the Web 2.0 Awards List that I've used before, so I chose one I haven't used and looked fun. Doof is a social gaming site, and if I'm not careful, I could spend hours there! As with the other social sites, you set up your profile with as much (or as little) info as you'd like. When you log in, you're "announced" to everyone on the site, in a small pop up window. You can see everyone who's playing your game, and you can challenge other players, too. I went for the easy gem swap game, so I could keep track of everything going on - the site is on the busy side. You can earn points, too, that give you more options for the site. The site keeps track of what you play and your scores, and also recommends games and people to meet.

As far as work applications, I'm not sure that it would benefit staff, except maybe as a stress reliever, but it might make an alternative site to recommend to tweens looking for games.

No comments: